Our Leadership Team is monitoring this situation very closely and are here to support you any way we can. As many of our REALTORS are already used to working from home or remotely, we are here to support. We care about our communities and have Agents all over the city, so if you're in need of any support reach out to us and we'll do our best to find an Agent in your location that can help.
We are open for business under these adjusted changes to normal operation. Our Agents are equipped with e-signature and video software tools, to allow for virtual meetings and document signing.
- The majority of our administrative staff have been moved to work from home virtually. We ask for your patience and understanding as such when making requests.
- South & Beaumont office locations are closed to the public as of Wed March 18, 2020 until further notice.
- Old Strathcona location at 10326 81 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1X2 will remain open to clients and industry colleagues, open M-F 9am-5pm. In alignment with government recommendations, we will turn away any Associate, outside REALTOR or client who shows signs of illness. We are actively disinfecting all touch points as well.
- We do NOT allow in person holding open houses until further notice. UPDATE - as of March 23, AREA officially banned any public open houses in the province of Alberta. We still offer virtual open house options and Facebook Live open house events.
- If you are over 65 years of age or immunocompromised we will not allow any showings at this time if you reside in the property. There are various options available to you that your REALTOR® can discuss.
- Our Associates will discuss implications with all clients and get their informed consent on how to proceed. See the below links for checklists and specifically the RECA information for conversations with Buyers & Sellers at this time: https://www.reca.ca/consumers/property-considerations/covid-19-for-real-estate-consumers/
- Deposits on real estate transactions:
- We encourage clients to utilize wire transfer from their financial institution or deposit directly to our trust account at TD - you can contact your RE/MAX River City REALTOR® or our staff to assist with sending you the instructions and form. 780-439-7000
- You may want to discuss with all parties the option of having deposits due at or after final condition removal. This serves to minimize the number of times you need to go to the bank and interact with our team as well.
- The drop safe is available at Old Strathcona location at 10326-81 Avenue, Edmonton, AB. T6E1X2. Ensure that you include on the envelope:
- the property address
- our REALTORS® name who is part of our office
- their outside REALTOR’S name and phone number
- Your email address if you'd like to receive a copy
- We will have envelopes and a reminder sign.
- Update from TD Bank on availability and hours. Be sure to contact your branch to confirm when they are open. LINK
Stay happy and healthy
Please watch the video below for a full update.
Mortgage Payment Deferrals
Further to the news article on Canada's big banks to allow mortgage payment deferrals, most other lenders are as well.
Full list of BANK servicing numbers for your clients - Thanks to our in house mortgage Brokers Stefan Cherwoniak & Cheryl Wilkes of DLC Brokers for Life.
** Call volumes will be very high**
Recommend calling later in the evening or early in the day to avoid long wait times. I’m also saying to our clients if they have the capacity to wait a week or two before calling they won’t be on hold for hours
To be clear of how deferred payments work, in some cases they get added to the end of the mortgage but as we learned in Ft McMurray some of the banks want that money back before that time. If at the end of their term it hasn't been paid back some will want it then only a few actually just capitalized it into the new mortgage - PLEASE CONFIRM with your bank HOW this will work at your lender.
Here is a list of customer service numbers:
B2B 1 800 263 8349
Connect First 403-736-4000
Chinook Financial 403-934-3358
First Calgary Financial 403-736-4000
First National 1-888-488-0794
Home Trust 1-855-270-3630
Street Capital 1-866-683-8090
Servus CU 1-877-378-8728
Here is the list of websites:
First Calgary Financial
A friendly reminder for all our mental health at this time too
- Listen to music that makes you happy
- Watch uplifting TV/Movies about the strength of the human spirit
- Pick up the phone or even better use video calls - Connect with your family, loved ones and neighbours.
- Exercise - there are plenty of great at home workouts, or get outdoors for a walk or run in nature. There’s plenty of room for social distancing while still getting fresh air and a healthy sweat.
- Eat Healthy - good food fuels our bodies and our minds, plus helps our body’s fight of infection.
- Isolate yourself emotionally
- Scroll social media too much
- Watch the media too much
- Focus on extreme worst case scenarios
- Forget that project you’ve been putting off until you “had the time”… well you have time now. Focus on accomplishing something that will make you feel great and bring you joy. Plus focus on something positive.
Tips for working from home
For Those With Kids